What is prevention? Prevention – a set of measures aimed at combating the risk factors for a disease. As for the pathology of the prostate in men, the health of the body, the so-called “heart” men are very concerned with urologists and oncologists worldwide. In most major hospitals are working to reduce the incidence of pathologies such as chronic prostatitis, BPH and cancer.
What to do immediately the man himself, to avoid such a dangerous and unpleasant diseases like prostate cancer. Before changing radically the style and nature of life, it is necessary to thoroughly examine all of the potential factors and causes of malignant growth in the body, in order to minimize their impact on your health.
Thus, the risk factors for prostate cancer are divided into several groups depending on the scientific validity and levels of evidence.
The first group, proved many clinical studies, factors.
First of all, it is the age. Almost seventy percent of men over the age of eighty years have microscopic signs of prostate cancer. The incidence in other age groups, as follows:
• Men under thirty-nine – 1: 10 000;
• Men from forty to fifty-nine – 1: 100;
• Men from sixty to seventy-nine – 1: 8.
There is some family history of prostate cancer. These cases represent less than 20% of patients. However, among men younger than fifty years, this figure is quite different and is 45%. Feature of prostate cancer has recently become “rejuvenation” of disease, which leads to the fact that the age of twenty persons become patients of cancer hospitals.
The second group of risk factors are those that are not supported by all the scientific studies:
Ingestion of large amounts of animal fats (lard, fried meat, fatty burgers, sausages, catering and fast-food products, mayonnaise, potato chips, cheese, chips, ice cream, cakes, pastries, margarine, and others). To limit the impact of animal fat on men’s health to discontinue the use of these ingredients should be avoided. Enough to exclude only some of them.
Dairy products can be used with a lower percentage of fat, vegetable margarine to replace butter, mayonnaise – cream. Chops, grilled bacon, burgers, pork should be used only for “holidays” and enrich the daily diet food steamed in Pressure cooker or in a pot. Give preference to better chicken breast, beef, rabbit. Should be introduced into the diet of sufficient quantity of fresh vegetables, fruits and salads.
As for exercise, in this case, there are two extremes. Lack of exercise, sedentary work, lead to stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs in males, which promotes tumor growth. Professional sports with regular physical activity also negatively affects health. Maximum benefit can be achieved by physical education.
The third group includes the potential risk factors. They are not proven by studies, but there is an assumption that they are more or less influence on the development of cancer.
• Elevated levels of trace elements cadmium, which are full of products grown on hormone supplements;
• Low levels of vitamin D, the lack of which affects the development of prostate cancer. A study was conducted that examined a large sample of men about the same age category. One half of them regularly living in warmer climates, the other in the northern cities. It was found that the southern residents likely to develop prostate cancer are much less than northerners.
• A significant role in the development of malignant transformation of epithelial cells of the prostate gland plays an inflammatory disease of the mucous membrane, mainly sexually transmitted infections, such as chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, mycoplasmosis and others. Pathogens affect directly or indirectly on the state of the cells and may contribute to the development of certain irreversible changes in them, which serves as an impetus for the growth of the tumor.
• Also a role in cancer is given androgens – male sex hormones. They, of course, in itself is not a carcinogen, but determine the overall health, and most importantly the degree of immune protection that destroys normal every abnormal cells.